Volunteering at NTAC
When you volunteer with us here at North Texas Animal Connections you will be representing our nonprofit, mission, and facility. It is important that you have a cooperative attitude with NTAC staff, other NTAC volunteers, AND our guests. In exchange, you will feel confident that you are contributing to a worthwhile organization that values your time, efforts, creativity, and passion.
On this page you will be able to find all the information needed to get you started with volunteering here at North Texas Animal Connections. Please feel free to read through the information provided here before inquiring with us about volunteering opportunities.
MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD TO APPLY
NTAC Expects You To:
- Be neat, clean, and well-groomed at all times
- Know your duties and how to do them
- Ask questions as they come up THERE ARE NO “DUMB QUESTIONS” WHEN DEALING WITH LIVE BEINGS
- Cooperate with staff, fellow volunteers, and maintain a positive team attitude
- Voice your opinions and contribute your suggestions in a constructive manner to help us improve as we grow
- Communicate with us on any changes to your volunteering schedule
- We have to know when you are planning to come to our facility & when you plan on leaving our facility
What You Can Expect from NTAC:
- A description /training of your assignment to complete
- Appropriate assignments according to skills, interests, availability, and training
- Training and supervision for approved assignments
- Education about a wide variety of animals, tasks, and life skills (both for workplace & communication)
- Your time will NOT be wasted while here
- A record of Volunteers will be kept
Benefits to Volunteering with us at NTAC:
- Training and other learning opportunities
- Special recognition for active volunteers on an ongoing basis
- Use of our facility for future resumés, college applications, jobs, and any other place where a reference is needed
- Invitations to volunteer social events
- The knowledge that you are donating your time to a worthy cause and that your assignments done here at our facility will directly benefit our nonprofit’s mission
- Volunteering with a FUN and OUTGOING team of individuals who want to make the experience of learning about our natural world unforgettable
Are You Ready?
If you would like to join our volunteering team please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! We will send you back our Volunteer Handbook & the information needed to be filled out and brought with you on your first day with us.